View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 03:31 AM   #19
AnneS

After my allotted three days, I've now finished Chapter Four. Less than a third of the way in, but I think I've got enough of the game under my belt that I'll finish it this time. The story has definitely sucked me in, and I'm probably taking longer than the average because I keep getting sidetracked staring at the gorgeous environments and trying to notice every detail. (They distract me from the character models, which have ... not aged well.) I spent a good few minutes standing in the cinema listening to dialogue from Victory Hotel at one stage.

I wasn't intending to provoke a debate about the quality of The Longest Journey, but for the record I'm enjoying it so far while understanding that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. The dialogues are long, but the only part I've found really tedious so far is getting the books in Chapter Four. (Not reading them, you understand, but waiting for the librarian to take them out and put them away. Maddening when you've got a dozen to get through and want to get on to the puzzles.)

Last edited by AnneS; 09-05-2011 at 03:37 AM.