View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #125
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I think I might have told this story before, but for me it must have been "The Secret of Monkey Island". The thing is, I only realised this years later when playing it again, that it was.

You see, when I first played it, I was very young. In fact, I might have not yet entered school at that time. We were at the house of some friends of the family, and my 2 sisters, the kids of the family (all three of them that were present) and I were playing one of the old adventures of the family's father. And when you consider that I was the youngest of us 6, you can consider what "playing" consisted for me in this situation: Suggesting what the person in possession of the mouse (everyone but me.) could do, and hoping the suggestion might be taken into account.

Anyway, we played Secret of Monkey Island. I recall one particular scene where we were in a large room with some old guy at the side, and an overhanging second floor in the back. I recall this overhanging balcony like floor in the room very well, as friends' house also had one of those in the living room (their house was, and still is, awesome.). We were trying to acquire a file for working on metal, and I recall that the guy in the room said he only had nailfiles.

I guess all of us who played SoMI know that this is the Shop on Melée Island.

Anyway, years later I got my hands on SoMI, and started playing. I enjoyed it quite a lot, until I suddenly came across this scene, and realised: I've played this before. Not the complete game, but I did go through this scene before.

So yeah, "The Secret of Monkey Island" is most likely the first Adventure game I've ever come in contact with.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!