View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
Schneckchen ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basculho View Post
so, been playing gbk1 via dosbox and been loving it, but i have the second too, and i am very excited about it, can i take a break from gbk 1 and play the 2 right away??
second, are there any more good quality FMV games out there

third, i have alpha polaris, is it worth taking a shot at it??

Cheers
1: I would recommend playing through them in order but I suppose it doesn't really matter since they have completely different story lines.

2: I loved all 3 of the FMV Tex Murphy games. Especially cause they have an in-game hint system if you get stuck. I also liked Phantasmagoria 1 (and yes, 2 as well) if you like horror games. I also enjoyed Realms of the Haunting which has some FMV sequences in it but it's almost more of a shooter than an adventure game. All of these can be found on GoG.

3: I haven't played Alpha Polaris but from what I've heard, it's good but pretty short.

4: I love the Secret Files (Tunguska) games but it depends on your taste. My friend finds them pretty boring and never beat them. If you enjoy mystery games, you should like them. And if you like those, I can only strongly recommend Lost Horizon as well, which in my opinion is even better.