Thread: Trauma
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I went back to the developer's site and noticed that Ascovel contributed to Trauma. Maybe he didn't want to be devious but I feel different now about his questions.
To clarify I contributed to the Polish translation of the game, but I influenced nothing of Trauma's actual content.

I'm heavily involved in the indie adventure games scene and converse with many of the developers, interview them, invite them to write about their games for my website. Also, I beta-test their games sometimes. Take it for what you will.

Anyway, thank you for your answer. I think I agree with you that if someone's trying to be profound, they need to be really creative about it, or they'll quickly start feeling pretentious, formulaic and "artsy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
What did the developer of Trauma have in mind, what is the player supposed to experience? The whole thing is a disjointed account of what exactly? A depressed and depressing state of mind? There are no emotions or events to relate to. It's hard to care when you get only rational observations and symbolic actions.
I interviewed the author about 1,5 year ago, if you're interested. The situation presented in the game is partially auto-biographical.

Last edited by Ascovel; 08-12-2011 at 03:41 AM.