Thread: Trauma
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #10
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
Don't take the following question like I'm trying to be sarcastic or want to undermine your statement, because I'm just plain curious:

What would you give as an example of mature "symbolic stuff" and mature observations about life - to best underline the difference between those and the adolescent types?
The Path. Although I found it somewhat pretentious too and it certainly takes some getting used to, the cliches are used in creative and complex way and in the end it was a rich emotional experience for me.

What did the developer of Trauma have in mind, what is the player supposed to experience? The whole thing is a disjointed account of what exactly? A depressed and depressing state of mind? There are no emotions or events to relate to. It's hard to care when you get only rational observations and symbolic actions. The girl has no personality we can empathize or identify with, no background. I read stuff like I wasn’t into music until my mom bought me my first album but it has no connection to anything else, it doesn’t add up to a human being of flesh and blood.

All we’re left with is a girl that apparently has some insights into her childhood (I capture the ghost but I realize the only thing holding this place together was my own ambition, so I let go) and still doesn’t know what to do with her life.

EDIT: Idrisguitar, if you think the game deserves to be succesful because it's such a cool idea why don't you play it? Simply turn off the voice and use subtitles instead.

Last edited by Fien; 08-12-2011 at 01:22 AM.