View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
kgingreen

Heavy Rain is actually the complete opposite of what I'm talking about. It's QTE and completely archaic and restrictive. QTE was created for games like dragon lair to give an effect of playing a movie because technology was not at the point that allowed for movie like graphics and allowed complete control at the same time.

Nowadays we have technology that allows for 3d open world environments and complete control over a characters movements and actions.

You can actually have a movie like atmosphere in 3d that is very immersive.

BArrow hill for example has these environments but it's like a slideshow. Why? Why do I have a core i7 processor for that? Why aren't adventure games taking advantage of newer technology? Instead you have these action games that have very little depth taking advantage of it.

Why does a game like LA Noire have completely dumbed down gameplay and puzzles. It doesn't even have any puzzles. IT's the same thing over and over. It's incredibly boring. Same thing with GTA. It basically entails going to a location shooting some people repeat. Then you have games like Alan Wake that are basically just linear shooters.

Companies are putting money into games that will sell and they are afraid to give any depth to these games because they are afraid they won't. So you end up with amazing technology and that have the depth of what is equivalent to shooting someone in the face.. Or you end up with outdated technology.

What i want is an immersive experience that is using todays technology but also has depth.

Last edited by kgingreen; 08-09-2011 at 05:07 AM.