View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #20
Sik

I'll just comment on the games in your must play list that I've played. I'll include the approximate time I spent on each game, but keep in mind that I avoid using show hotspots unless I'm desperate and about to resort to a walkthrough, so the amount of time and difficulty increases a lot for games with lots of pixel hunting.

Secret Files: Tunguska (1:15)
Difficulty: 1 if using the show all hotspots feature, 4 if not.
Time: 15 hours sounds about right.

Secret Files: Puritas Cordis (1:15)
Difficulty: 1 if using the show all hotspots feature, 4 if not.
Time: 15 hours sounds about right.

Gray Matter (3:15)
Difficulty: 2 if using the show all hotspots feature, 3 if not.
Time: About 10 hours

The Next BIG Thing (4:15)
Difficulty: 1 if using the show all hotspots feature, 3 if not.
Time: Exactly 10 hours

Jack Keane (5:20)
Difficulty: 1 if using the show all hotspots feature, 2 if not.
Time: About 10 hours

So Blonde (5:20)
Difficulty: 2 if using the show all hotspots feature, 3 if not.
Time: About 15 hours

A New Beginning (6:25)
Difficulty: 2 (never got stuck due to pixel hunting)
Time: About 15 hours

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout (9:30)
Difficulty: 4 (never got stuck due to pixel hunting)
Time: About 10 hours, but used a walkthrough for one puzzle after being stuck for 2 hours.

Your estimated game-play time is generally higher than mine, so I'm guessing you should consider the Tunguska games 20+ hours. They are easy in the sense that all puzzles can be solved by trial and error, but you tend to carry a lot of inventory items at all times, and they are long enough that they'd probably take 10 hours to play straight through.

The only one of these games that (in my opinion) is hard compared to telltale games is Edna & Harvey. I think you may have overestimated the difficulty of A New Beginning because of The Whispered World. The inventory puzzles are much more logical in A New beginning, and the mechanical puzzles are fewer and easier.