View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #19
Trunkyo
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I meant to dig up this post a few months back, but then I forgot. (That was a really great thread.) Glad to see you've overcome your embarrassment, Captain.

I mentioned this a few years ago, but the huge thrift/discount score in my neck of the woods used to have a ton of Sierra games and other hard-to-find classics on sale. Some were still in the big boxes in excellent condition (Willy Beamish, The Colonel's Bequest, Phantasmagoria), others were only in jewel cases (The Neverhood, realMYST).

What I didn't mention before was, I did some asking around at the store and found out most of the games came from one gigantic donation. Apparently, a veteran adventure game enthusiast and collector in my city had passed away, and her family decided to dispose of all these "cheesy old DOS games", since none of her grandkids were interested in them. Such a shame, I wish I had met his woman, we could've had a lot of great discussions.