View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
rayvio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Aslo, this reminded me of an awful walkthrough I found back when first playing Kyrandia 2. The writer of said walkthrough made no secret of the fact that he was not delighted about having to play a Girl. I have no problem with people preferring to play their own gender in a game, but it's not as if you're going to die from it when you play the other side once or twice - it certainly didn't do me any harm controlling Brandon, Guybrush, Malcolm, Rincewind, etc.. Though I think I remember him eventually gaining some respect for Zanthia's abilities, he still seemed to consider he mostly as a piece of flesh, or some kind of object. A real chauvinist, really.
I never understood that kind of mentality. if we can only play games where the character is like ourselves then we're pretty limited. I was planning to buy Mass Effect 3 but maybe I should've joined NASA before playing the first two?

personally I like playing different characters. Zanthia, April Ryan, Gabriel Knight, Guybrush Threepwood... none of them are really like me, but that's part of the appeal. I can be myself in real life, games are for being somebody else

and incidentally Jazhara7 what's your avatar from? it looks familiar but I can't place it... apologies if I've already asked before, I have an awful memory
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus

Last edited by rayvio; 07-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.