View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
Matt Berkeley

Does anyone know what codec is used for the fmv? Because I'm pretty sure that this is causing my situation to fail on the launch of the game.

And, yes, I've set it to use 256 colors; and I've combined that with with all the Compatibility Modes and all the other Compatibility switches. It installed fine. It launches fine (as far as catching the fact that there is no CD in the drive or incompatible color depth if I want to test that it's working as far as those 2 things go). But then it goes to darkness... and it's not that it has become unresponsive -- I have to kill it thought it seems to be happily happy. So I'm of the mind that it is trying to play some intro video and blissful oblivious that it is failing. And I'm thinking the root of this is because of the wonderful way in which the chaos of the market place has brought us so many wonderful codecs to our wonderment and made things so wonderfully wonderful over the years.

Arrgh!

Is it that miserable QT? Of some 'version'? Or does anyone have the manual to maybe see a trademark of some sort?

(I am hating particularly on QT at the moment, because, playing some other old game recently, I had to install 2 different versions of the GD thing AT ONCE to get the game to play properly... and then the game kind of sucked... but I still haven't uninstalled...)

Anyway, needless to say, with it launching to a steady black screen... this ain't been fun so far

Last edited by Matt Berkeley; 07-11-2011 at 11:34 PM.