View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Welcome to the Unofficial GAG playthrough, fellow adventurers.
Thank you for starting this, game mistress! I'm very glad to take part in the whole thing.

Quote:
Meet Gary Tusker, your neighborly Peeping Tom, made impotent by a mean little penguin. Let’s give Gary a helping hand, shall we?
I'll give him a hand, but I'd never place my private parts into his care. How on Earth could he ever let that penguin almost bite his d*ck off or something?

Quote:
GAG was developed by the Russian company Auric Vision. Actually, there are 3 versions: Russian 16+, Russian 18+, and English 16+ ...
Nice info! Thanks!

Quote:
The walkthrough. Black-and-white. Terrible translation, you don’t miss anything if you don’t speak Dutch. Need a hint? Just ask. Or consult the walkthrough at JA.
I won't use the walkthrough; if I get stuck I'll ask for help here. That's one of the things a playthrough is for. Mutual help.

Quote:
There are a couple of minigames which involve dexterity.
Name:  shocked.gif
Views: 1320
Size:  1.3 KB
Run for the hills! Women and children first!

Quote:
Hey, where are you going? Come back! You can play them in easy mode and they’re not hard anyway.
Phew! For a moment I felt lost.

Quote:
I beat Gagboy and I still have a savegame somewhere if anybody needs it.
It's good to know that .

Quote:
Starting now, you have one week till Monday July 18 to explore Gary’s apartment and gain access to the castle.
I'll start right now (as soon as I visit my john , that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
The windowed box seemed awfully small but stretched to fullscreen it looked quite messy.
Yes, GAG looks sharp in windowed mode (my laptop screen resolution is 1440 x 900), but I prefer a full screen mode, which is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
I thought it was going to be official
Official status is for pussies bad playthroughs that would soon fall to page four (in obscurity) if they weren't made sticky.
When the previous unofficial playthrough was played it was always near the top of the list Name:  king.gif
Views: 1334
Size:  169 Bytes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
On a technical note, i also only had to right-click the exe and set it to 256 colors. It's VERY important also to right click setup.exe - properties and set compatibilty to Windows 95 (i also disabled visual themes, turned off advanced text and set it to 256 colors) or setup won't work, at least in my case.
I didn't have to do any of those tweaks and install went without a glitch. I only changed the Color Quality, as I already explained.