View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
Ursulla
NO senior just Senorita..

Default A Few Pointers : Heavy Rain Move Edition

Since I was intrigued & tempted by the notion of using the Move Controllers in a game, I was quite happy for the oppurtunity to play an interactive film using two Move Controllers...
After placing the camera under the monitor I sat down comfortably holding both wireless controllers at my hands ready to unleash hell on any character that will cross my path...
You can settle by only using the Move controller but if you are into full immersion I suggest buying the Navigator Controller which would offer you the utmost experience you can squeeze out of this thriller...Otherwise you are going to use the standard Dualshock controller for that purpose & quite frankly it's an awkward solution...
The Navigator controlls movement,camera and thoughts of the character you play...Once you get yourself into an intense situation you are going to need the use of combination of both Controllers to get out victorious...Only swift reflexes combining both controllers would give you a decent chance of survival...
If you played a game on Nintendo Wii using both Controllers imagine yourself playing without the Nunchuck the same game and you get the idea of playing with only one Controller...
The first thing that bugged me was the sharp blue light out of the camera
under the monitor which I covered with black isolier band to calm my eyes of that distraction....
After calibrating the Move Controller with one single click I never again had to to do it a second time during the whole game...As long as you sit in front of the center of your monitor you can move your controller whichever direction you wish without any problems...If by any chance the camera can't see the Move controller a red icon will come flashing on screen indicating that you are out of range and should calibrate again...
Rarely I found myself doing a motion witout any feedback on screen....On those rare occasions I started the scene again witout any more difficulties to achieve what intended...
The game has lots of intense scenes which the Controllers give you the perfect control with ease and comfort...
Each move you make usually resemble the same movement you do in life so I have found the the Controllers to be really convenient to deal with all the icons showing at the screen...
Sometimes you are going to move slowly,other times you would move rapidly...
The game offers two difficulties : Hard or Easy....I played Hard level without any special problem if only because it felt natural to me moving the controllers...I can't imagine myself playing this game using any other devices since these Controllers are a perfect match for that type of game...T
If you buy the original game you are going to need to download 1 Giga patch from Playstation Networks to be able to use the Move Edition...
The whole experience went on smoothly helping me to immerse myself in the game and not dealing with all kinds of mischieves around the game...Everything works as it should be working,all you have to do is to play and have fun...
The main differenece from playing it with a standard controller is instead of moving your fingers you move your arm...The game asks you which hand you rather use and if you are a left hand person don't worry since you can choose which hand to use the move controller...
The game does not have any puzzles except from minor incidences....It is about the experience....Instead of watching a thriller glued to the screen you are an active and sharp as a nail...You must decide decisions in a heartbeat and see the outcome of your reaction on screen...
There is no need actually to accomplish all possible move icons appearing on screen to be successful in beating the scene,but there are few crucial icons which failing to follow them will make you loose but in any case you can repeat the scene as many times as you wish until you finally make it...
Each scene have few checkpoints and if you fail to achieve what you desire you can load again the scene from the last checpoint without the need of starting the whole scene from scratch...Once a checkpoint has been saved the only thing you can do to change the outcome of it is to start over the whole scene...
I played each scene at least three times out of curiousity ,doing and saying different things each time just to see what would be the outcome...
There is no right and wrong here just what your heart wish to do....You are going to face dilemmas like you face them in life and make the decision that suits you best...
The Move Controller is also vibrating (or rumbling) which adds a significant factor of fun to the whole experience...Not only you move your hand but you also feel the right impact in your hand...
Any person who like movement in his life will find the use of these controllers to be a joy...It helps a person stay fit ,alert & vigorous...After two hours using those controllers I really needed a rest...You don't want entering a scene tired and get your ass kicked...

My Final Verdict : Instead of just sitting back ,relaxing and watching an excellent thriller this time around you get the chance to interact and make a point....You control 4 different characters to make it into a various experience wishing for more...

My final score : 95

Cheers...

Last edited by Ursulla; 07-10-2011 at 12:40 PM.