Thread: A New Beginning
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
TalC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
Yeah, I think I'm around Chapter 4 of this game and I definitely like it. The story is told in an interesting fashion and the puzzles are nicely integrated and feel very old school. Plus I like the level of difficulty in them so far. Enough to where I feel like I figured out something but not so bizarre that I am frustratingly stuck. Adequate voice acting (heard better, but definitely heard worse). A few bugs here and there: some of the lines weren't translated correctly (I looked at one item and it said "Examina" instead of Look at) and one crash.

I'm enjoying the story even though I'm not a big proponent of climate change. It's not OVERLY preachy yet, though a little, but not enough to bother those that might not be a bleeding heart all about the global warming.

I really like the graphical style (though WIDESCREEN NEXT TIME) and the cut scenes are done in a cool way.
Same here regarding the anthropogenic climate change/global warming theories - I'm very skeptical but I didn't feel like the game was being propagandist about it. And I do think there's a problem with pollution and ecological damage by some modern industries.

I mostly like the puzzles in Daedalic's games. Sure it was sometimes quite insane in The Whispered World, but with the exception of one small puzzle near the very end I finished it completely without help. They're not too easy but also not frustratingly difficult. Moderation and balance, that's always a good thing.