View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Hey, Mikekelly I'm not arguing against your comment about several adventure game titles selling very well. I'm very happy about that, and I'm glad you pointed it out.

I just feel it's a bit unfair to compare Gray Matter to the other games you mentioned the way you did.

For example, 200,000 of all the 250,000 worldwide sales of Hotel Dusk (in the first 10 weeks) came from Japan - that's something that completely sets apart the number of copies a game like Hotel Dusk can sell from the number of copies a non-Japanese adventure game like Gray Matter can sell.

As for Layton, I hope you realize what huge budgets and marketing machines are behind this franchise (and it's a whole series already that's been going on or a while, not just 1 title). At least one Layton full feature film already appeared in cinemas - imagine how much exposure it brings to the games!

Finally, like I mentioned before, the 12,000 of Gray Matter sales number doesn't seem to include the sales from the first 4 months after its release. Probably doesn't include the sales of the game's digital copies either (I hear those are quite difficult to track).

Last edited by Ascovel; 07-03-2011 at 02:47 AM.