View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #30
Arwen4CJ

Do you have a patch that would work on Mac OSX Snow Leopard with DosBox for Macs?

I have Windows XP on the computer as well under VMware Fusion, and I have all of the games installed there. I put the patches on Windows, but it means that I have to run Windows in order to play the games.

I have Boxer installed on the Mac as well as DosBox. I copied the original files for the games from My Computer to Finder. (This was the unpatched version of the games). I could play the games on Boxer as long as I could view the game folders in Finder and right clicked the Sierra.exe file and told it to play in Boxer.

That worked for everything except KQ 7.

(I have two King's Quest Collections -- a version that came on 3 discs and a version that came on 2 discs for XP. I used the files from XP for Boxer, except for the original KQ 1. For that game, I had to copy the folder from the older collection since that game didn't come with the XP collection. I also tried to copy KQ 7 from the earlier collection since the XP collection didn't have a Dos version of it. KQ 7 won't play in Boxer -- it says I'm missing a 999 pal file or something like that.)

I had tried to get the games to play from DosBox on Mac, but it said I was missing files...even though I copied the files directly from My Computer, where I had installed them in XP.

So...would it be possible to make a patch that would allow me to play the games in DosBox on Mac?

If not, then what do I need to do to get KQ 7 to run on Boxer?