View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #2094
Arwen4CJ

Well, I WAS on chapter 5 of King's Quest 7, right where you pick up a fire cracker. However, I had to start the game over because it saved it right before she blew up, and when I click on retry, it just killed me immediately. I tried playing it on the XP collection. So I thought the mistake was mine in that I hadn't had the game on pause or something. The game has only one save slot per "name," so I can't go back to an earlier point in the game.

So I started the whole thing over....but this time I decided to play it on the older collection that I had, remembering that it had some sort of bookmark feature, which I thought might protect me against this kind of thing...but the exact same thing happened As soon as I got the fire cracker, the character exploded. This time I knew that it wasn't my fault.

Therefore, I decided to look up the error...and I came across this site. I was able to install the stuff on my XP part of the computer (this is a Macbook), but now I have to start all over AGAIN because it reinstalled the games, deleting my save slot.

So....I guess you could say I'm at the beginning of KQ7.