View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #153
michael1123
Schattenjaeger wannabe

Overrated:

the Monkey Island series - I know this is sacrilegious to many, and the first 3 are good games, but so many people think these games are so amazing and I just don't see it.

Broken Sword 1 + 2 - I've seen this compared to the Gabriel Knight series, but it's not worthy of holding Gabe's jockstrap. The first was fun, but nothing amazing IMO, and I got bored of the 2nd one half way through. Haven't played the others.

King's Quest - Sierra's weakest series, despite being the most well known. 6 was the only one I really liked.

Siberia - *yawn* but given how often it's been mentioned in this thread I guess it's not THAT overrated

Underrated:

Mission Critical - here's a game I've never heard anyone talk about, and I played it a few years ago for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Police Quest / Quest for Glory series - my favorite Sierra games after the GK games

Death Gate - game I bought without ever having heard of it, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Great plot, great world, innovative and fun puzzles.