View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #33
rayvio

so many great games deserving of sequels but I'll pass over TLJ/Dreamfall (because I still have faith that we'll get one anyway) and say Gabriel Knight. out of all the different game series it's one of the few that consists of only truly great games (later Monkey Island and Broken Swords for example weren't half as good as the originals). GK1 is a classic example of the genre we all love, GK2 is a rare example of a fantastic FMV game (I know there's other beloved FMVs but there's so many cheesey and awful ones from when FMV was such a fad) and GK3 despite 3D graphics not really being impressive looking at the time offered a revolutionary interface that's lack of reuse is almost as tragic as the series being lost in the oblivion of licensing issues. all three games also boasted solid and entertaining stories at least equal to and better than many of the best novels or movies

edit: didn't notice I'd already posted in this one before. my initial BASS2 comment still stands though, but overall I'd prefer another GK
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus

Last edited by rayvio; 06-03-2011 at 03:12 PM.