View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #46
DomStLeger
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

LOL I loved that interview, comments like "The da vinci code, not a great game, but that wasn't my fault" make me like Charles Cecil even more; vewry honest and open.

I found that interview very encouraging; it sounds very much like Revolution are looking to continue Broken Sword in a 2D fashion which makes perfect sense. The games market has changed so much in the last 2-3 years; gaming on the mobile has become a reality and thats where 2D games can thrive.

Personally I enjoyed BS3 and (admittedly less so) BS4 but they were very much games of their times. As Cecil alludes to himself, they were basically games that were responding to the gaming trends and wants of the publishers of the time.

But now the entry to developing and publishing games has become much lower; a studio like Revolution for example can do things like BASS Enhanced and BS1 and BS2 Directors Cuts and get them to gamers so easily via App stores, Steam etc. And they can do it without massive cuts going to Publishing companies, allowing a greater share of the profits to go back to Rev. I's really exciting; the games industry is becoming more responsive to demand and allowing genres like this to thrive again on so many platforms.

So don't fret everyone, I think the chances of a BS5 with more in common with BS1/2 than its sequels is very much on the cards! Exciting!
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!