View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #79
Phaid

So I took my sweet time finishing the game (lots of work getting in the way of my gaming time lately, sigh) - well, the game was a surprise for me for two reasons.

Firstly, it's very well designed and a blast to play - I really like the asylum feeling like an actual place full of obstacles that you have to gradually overcome, once I finally got out of the confines of the building, I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I like the voice acting a lot (Edna, Harvey, Aluman and others did a great job) and even though Harvey's puns weren't necessarily funny most of the time, his lines added a lot to the feeling of overall craziness.

What pretty much shocked me though is how serious E&H becomes towards the end -
Spoiler:
yes, we are dealing with Alfred's murder the whole time, but it originally seems like the writers decided to take a light-hearted approach to the story - until the part taking place in the church. The priest killed, Key Master killed... and there's the ending...two endings. I suspected it could have been Edna who killed dr Marcel's son, but as if that wasn't tragic enough, you have to choose between Edna decapitating Harvey or commiting suicide...
I don't know why, but it all reminds me of the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" - I also did not expect such a sad ending there.

Still, great game I thoroughly enjoyed. .
Spoiler:

It's just I feel bad for our heroes I got so attached to after helping them get through all this mess.

Last edited by Phaid; 06-02-2011 at 04:46 AM.