View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Belano

Hello, Bellzemos:

I haven't played Still Life (i have started two times, but I allways stopped at the trunk puzzle; I know, I know... it gets better, so maybe I'll play it again this year), but I have played Sanitarium and Another World. And, having these two games in mind and what I know about Still Life, I think you could like the next games:

1. The Lost Files Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel. This game have a serious and adult topic: someone have killed an actress and the police think is Jack the Ripper; you, as Sherlock Holmes, have to discover the truth. Regarding the puzzles, when I played it some time ago, I thought they were difficult -and good- at the beginning, but, as it develops, the were on the easy side. But it is in the atmosphere department where the game shines: you could feel London and even smell the fog (if the literary license is permitted). It really is a good adventure, and has great graphics (if you like 2d).

2. Gemini Rue. This is a recent adventure game. Again, the atmosphere is really good, and the storytelling is also good, even if I think some parts could have been better. The topic is serious and adult. I can't talk about it without spoiling part of the plot. The main problem for me was that the puzzles weren't that good and also were extremely easy. But you were asking about this kind of puzzles, so you could enjoy this feature too. Ah: you must know that the game has some action sequences, but they aren't difficult (you can adjust the difficulty level).

I also support the recomendation of Gray Matter: great story and storytelling, easy easy puzzles, and good atmosphere.

I hope this info helps you.