View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
TheLongestJourney

As much as I loved Tales of Monkey Island (and the rest of the series) it is at a relatively low priority on my demands from from either LucasArts or Telltale Games.

I believe most of the creators of the Monkey Island series have left LucasArts so I think that if they tried to make a new game without them it wouldn't be the same. I would much rather see LucasArts make a new IP adventure game in any fashion really, there would be no way to disappoint us. I would settle for a Star Wars or Indiana Jones adventure game although they do have some other IP's that could see some new games. I think Grim Fandango and The Dig are fine as stand alone titles but a new game set in the Loom or Full Throttle universe would be amazing! An even more outlandish but amazing idea would be a game based on Willow possibly to coincide with the hopefully upcoming blu-ray release.

For Telltale, I really hope that they are not spreading themselves too thin and oversaturating the adventure game market with all the upcoming games they are planning. I have played all three seasons of Sam and Max, TOMI, Puzzle Agent and the first four episodes of Back to the Future and for the most part I have been very pleased. I credit Telltale for revitalizing my love of adventure games that were such a big part of my teenage years. Thank you for that.