View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #2076
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

Ugh. You guys probably know my peculiar tastes...

Liking Nigel's voice from "The Lost Crown" when everybody hates it, and disliking games everyone else loves, such as "Syberia", "Psychonauts", "Grim Fandango", etc. I've always been different, but this is just ridiculous!

I started playing American McGee's Alice, and was really excited. I've never been a big fan of "Alice in Wonderland", more of a "Wizard of Oz" and "Lord of the Rings" gal. But this game should have been right up my alley...I love dark, adult-themed, depressing games. When I heard this had a dark story, I really wanted to try it, but they're so expensive! I finally caved and bought it for $30.

And I just don't like it. I'm not fond of action/shooter kind of games, but I'm all in it for story/characters. Sometimes I don't mind games with that, like Fable. But I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters I've met so far draw me in, and although I love her backstory in the asylum, I just don't have enough story to keep me playing. I find it very difficult to know what to do next, where to go, and it frustrates me to no end...

Why am I so weird that I don't like what everyone else loves?!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes