View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #1
TechnoSpike

Default Strategy First Online Shop - Yay or nay?

Hi to all!

I saw nonax's post (here) about a promo available in the Strategy First online shop, valid until today: using a promo code (SFIADVENTURE) you can buy a pack of games (Ankh 2 & 3, The Abbey, Jack Keane and D.W.A.R.F.S.) with an 80% discount.

The games seem interesting enough (even though there's no Anhk1 available in the pack) for the price (with the promo the pack goes for less than 5€), but I'm not sure I should try this out or not....

I've never bought anything from them and I didn't see anywhere in the page any reference to if the games are DRM free or not.

Searching a bit, I found out some references that (at least in the not so distant past) their support wasn't very good and the games seem to need activation keys to work (and sometimes the ones that are provided with the purchase don't work in the first time)...

Anybody here has bought games from them recently? What has been your experience with the store? Exactly what kind of DRM do they put in the games? I've grown fond of GOG and their no DRM politics and I prefer to actually own the games I buy...