Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #30
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
"Through the fen... over the hill... under the town... through the eye"
"Nothing ventured..."

Who could not love the memorable way he says those lines? I don't think I'll be forgetting them any time soon.
Seems that Boakes' delivery as Nigel is rather controversial, which is to his credit...I guess. Funny thing is, I DO remember a couple of his lines (like the notorious "Symbolic images? Or ancient graffiti?...") but mostly because they sounded so unreal and detached from the game's mood that they made me chuckle at first, then grit my teeth when I had to listen to them a few dozen times while exploring the caves, due to the lack of a bypass button

Regarding Tim Curry, come to think of it, I have mostly fond memories of his performance in Sins of the Fathers (which was also the superior game for me) whereas in GK 3 he was indeed a bit over the top, although his voice grew on me eventually.

On a side note, I thought of another voice that I found quite irritating recently: Alexandra Boyd that played Elaine Marley on the Special Edition of ME 2. She gives a high-pitched, overly bitchy performance that really got on my nerves and made me dislike her character so much, it became the low point of this otherwise excellent game.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora