View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Ivynwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseK View Post
All in all, i really enjoyed playing it and thought it did justice to the Black Mirror Trilogy.

There weren't really many actual puzzles until a few at the end, but the progression of the game was logical which is alway important imo.

I totally agree. Actually I've noticed that the tendency to reduce them had alredy started with BM2 and I didn't like it at all! I don't understand what's the point of having a character run around places with little to do or to work with...where's the adventure if u don't have any real problem to solve? The museum, for instance, was totally irrelevant for the success of the game...what a waist of progrmming!

The evil presence was laid on really thickly too and it had a bit of a pantomime feel to it which i found killed the atmos with random "Bwhahahahahahaaa!!!"'s and an excessive "stabby stabby" weapon fettish that made me want to laugh more than recoil in fear.

Yep, I agree even to this. The way Murdred was interfering with Adrian behaviour was ridiculous. Pity though....less showing off a voicing over to laugh about and more character introspection would have reached a deph of atmosphere

I really missed the gore from BM1

Yes, I missed that too!

I found the storyline satisfying and the game seemed never ending (in a good way) although the brief yet intense explaination of the supernatural went way over my head at the very end and i didn't have a clue what was going on. Fortunately i could read the diary entry after the credits to attempt to understand it...

As for the storyline, yes, I'd say that I liked it more than BM2, altough it might depended on the fact that I had to get used to a character too out of place in the Willow Creek. I don't think it was a good idea to introduce, as main charatcer, an American developed in the way it was becasue his sceptisism wasn't matched by a truly threatening and counterbalancing evil world. What can I say? As a player I warmthed towards Samuel but never towards Adrian.
The end was awful. The fight between Adrian and Murdred was 100% irrelevant and didn't involve the player one bit. Even a timed silly challenge would have engaged the player more.

Between 1 and 10? I'd give BM3 a 6.5 because I really loved BM1 and I prefer to close my eyes over the things I didn't like over the next 2 installments (the second game would take a neat 5) and honour the memory of a brilliant first game.