View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

I bought it on GOG. Even if it could be had cheaper at other digital retailers, CDProject get more from the sale.

I doubt my computer can even run it, but I wanted to support the developers for their commitment to the pc market, especially given recent big name turncoats.

I also have to mention strong support for GoG.com's intelligently implemented region system... It is not illegal for me to import titles banned in my country, its only illegal for local retailers to offer it for sale. By gaming the region system on GoG.com I was able to 'import' the title over the internet, and get the full version. This is how digital retail should always be. Steam can take it up the backside with a rusty pipe for their pathetic region locking.

The game was originally knocked back for sale in Australia because of our poorly implemented rating system. Luck of the draw who reviews your title and what rating it will be classified under.

Believe it or not it was knocked back because a quest contained sex as a reward for completion.

I guess whoever rated the title in Australia doesn't watch television, read magazines, look at billboards or listen to the radio... where sex as reward has been the dominant method of advertising for decades if not centuries.

You can buy Lynx deodorant in our supermarkets even if you're under 15 years old.

Ranting done (hopefully).