View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
-Nigel Danvers from Lost Crown: Well, who would have thought Boakes was both a great game developer and voice actor? I actually thought Nigel was voiced badly for well into the game until I realised how well it fit his character, coming across as rather plain and naive but actually kind and compassionate.
Ha! I was about to put him under the Atrocious tab myself! His performance itself wasn't THAT abysmal, but not being able to skip any line of dialogue really made me loathe the guy for not hiring someone else to do the voice work of Nigel.

I totally agree with the voice (and overall performance) of Chris Jones as Tex Murphy, though, as well as that of Tim Curry in the role of Gabriel Knight (the live actor really ruined Beast Within for me). Ditto for the whole cast of Toonstruck (especially Castellaneta as Flux) and Dominic Armato as Guybrush.

Zoe from Dreamfall and her Mr. Wonkers pet must also get a mention, but my favorite all-time performance in an adventure game has to be that of Tony Plana in the role of Manny Calavera. The entire cast of Grim Fandango was brilliant in my book, but Plana really elevated computer game acting to professional standards for me, even before the frequent celebrity appearances on today's AAA titles (mostly non-adventures, sadly).

Also, honorable mentions go to Day of The Tentacle and especially Hoagie and Laverne, Lewton from Discworld: Noir, Ben from Full Throttle and a bunch of other characters I don't remember right now.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora