View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Trunkyo
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

The entire voice cast of The Longest Journey did a superb job at bringing the characters of Stark and Arcadia to life (especially Roper Klacks, Crow and Burns Flipper). Given the large number of characters that April encounters, it was not surprising that the actors would perform characters from both worlds. It was amusing to discover that the actor for Crow, Roger Raines, also voiced Gerrold the Vanguard receptionist, and that Ralph Byers voiced Roper Klacks, Brian Westhouse and Jacob McAllen!

Most of the voice acting in Blackstone Chronicles was also great, especially the chilling performance of Henry Strozier as Malcolm Metcalf.

One of my favourite adventure game voice actors has to be Paul Bandey. Although the name might not ring any bells, Paul's distinctive voice can be heard in dozens of games, including Faust (Seven Games of the Soul) as Mephisto, The Legend of the Prophet & the Assassin (and Secrets of the Alamut) as Tancrède de Nerac/As-Sayf, Heavy Rain (voice and motion capture for Capt. Perry), as well as MISSING/In Memoriam and Evidence: The Last Ritual as the English voice of Jack Lorski.

Another favourite voice actress of mine is Lani Minella, best known as Nancy Drew, Gina from the Runaway series and Tony Tough. And a Broken Sword game would not be the same without George Stobbart being voiced by Rolf Saxon.

I tend to cringe at very bad, overdone Asian accents (Joshua from the Runaway series and the Chinese vendor in Dreamfall spring to mind immediately ), as well as horribly exaggerated French and German accents. Yes, I agree that some of the worst voice acting occurs in The Watchmaker!

Last edited by Trunkyo; 05-13-2011 at 04:15 PM.