View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
TechnoSpike

Default Help choosing Sherlock Holmes Nemesis (UK)

Hi!

I'm considering buying the game Sherlock Holmes Nemesis (aka Sherlock Holmes Vs Arsène Lupin).

I've seen 2 versions of the game available for sale . The original one (from 2008) and a more recent release (2010), from Focus Multimedia. I'm wondering if I should "invest" in the original release or just go for the recent release...

I'm looking to buy from stores (not intending on buying second hand) and from what I've seen so far, the cheapest one is the Focus Multimedia release. Right now, I've found it very cheap, comparing to the prices the original release seems to be having (I'll still have to check with stores if it is in fact the original release or not).

From what I could find so far, the only differences between the releases would be the different boxshot design and the fact that the original one comes with a manual. Would these be enough to justify cashing in on the original (and more expensive) release?

Since I couldn't find an online version of the manual (checked the replacementdocs site, but no luck), I'm asking to people who might own the game to share their opinions on it.

For instance, I own the Sherlock Holmes The Awakened original release and I kind of like the manual, which has a old-notebook feel. On the other hand, I managed to find a digital version of the manual of Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, and it didn't have the same appeal to me (looked very "bland"). So, in which example would you guys say the Sherlock Holmes Nemesis manual fit in?

What would you guys recommend?