View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #29
marcd2011

Overall i think the non-inventory puzzles like this were a mixed bag. I did some easily, got stuck on some for ages, and skipped others.

I could only get Valentina to tell me two of the guys' professions for the puzzle everyone's talking about, which didn't help but even with that information, and knowing what the heiroglyphs represented because of Valentina saying something about it earlier on, i still couldn't figure it out, and i was extremely bored of the game by then so i just skipped it.

There's another heiroglyph puzzle where you have to click on tiles in sequence, and i did that one by trial and error rather than by working out the sequence, as the connection to the quote was tentative at best.

The copier puzzle only involved moving one thing so it was easy, and the 2nd one was just logical after completing the first so again it only took me a matter of seconds.

I also skipped the underlining puzzle as there were far too many words which looked useful for me to select the ones the game deemed worthy. That was a terrible puzzle in my opinion, and the words that were actually the right ones seemed pretty random to say the least.

The door/light puzzle was probably my favourite one in the game, although i needed to look at a guide to find out what i was meant to be doing, as i thought i had to get the lights in the rooms with the shades in to turn on, killing the shade, and spent a long time setting that up, only to discover that they travel from light to light just as easily as dark to dark.. once i knew i just had to avoid them, i did it without assistance.