View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
LouiseK

Default Black Mirror 3 Review

All in all, i really enjoyed playing it and thought it did justice to the Black Mirror Trilogy.

There weren't really many actual puzzles until a few at the end, but the progression of the game was logical which is alway important imo.

I really really wish they hadn't given Adrien a Boston accent, it grated on me in Black Mirror 2 and it did in this game too... why they could have shipped him off to a remote part of the British Isles i'll never know.

The evil presence was laid on really thickly too and it had a bit of a pantomime feel to it which i found killed the atmos with random "Bwhahahahahahaaa!!!"'s and an excessive "stabby stabby" weapon fettish that made me want to laugh more than recoil in fear.

It did make me crap myself at one point but the remainder of the game was pretty timid.

I really missed the gore from BM1

There were a couple of bugs and glitches along the way, one of which would have put an end to the game if it wasn't for the option to skip puzzles.

I found the storyline satisfying and the game seemed never ending (in a good way) although the brief yet intense explaination of the supernatural went way over my head at the very end and i didn't have a clue what was going on. Fortunately i could read the diary entry after the credits to attempt to understand it...

If you loved the first game and hated the second, like i did, then it is definately still worth playing as it makes up for BM2 which i felt paled in comparison.

It would probably have been ok as a stand alone game so i'll give it 7/10.