View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Captain Blondebeard

Default Collectors corner

I just wanted to carve out a little section to talk about some gem of games that you have stumbled across at garage sales, thrift stores,etc. Today I went to some local thrift stores to look for games. There is one place where I have had good success and today was no disappointment. Someone must have been a huge adventure fan and graciously donated some fantastic pieces. There were 5 boxed adventures and 3 of them were complete and in pristine condition. I got the following:

Flight of the Amazon Queen (minor shelf wear, complete) This made me happy because my boxed copy was missing the registration card.

Lure of the Temptress (brilliant shape, complete)

Return of the Phantom (it's been re-shinkwrapped)

Loom (Amiga, shelf wear but complete)

Sherlock Holmes and the case of the Serrated Scalpel (box is brilliant but I'm pretty sure it's missing some of the contents. Not sure what though)

None of these are considered really rare but most are difficult to find for under 30 bucks in that shape. I had all but Sherlock Holmes (I was thrilled to add that to my collection) but these are different languages and variations.

At another thrift store I found a copy of Tie Fighter and B-Wing. They are not very collectable but it will look good on my shelves.

So, blow me away guys. What have you found?