View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #18
millenia
She Wants Revenge

I've found out that I enjoy games a lot more when I don't give them so much weird expectations beforehand. Too much cut scenes, too little cut scenes, too original, not original enough... Letting one or two minor things ruin the whole game instead of just enjoying the ride.

It's the same with movies. I find that most movies are good these days (I don't watch everything so some choosing and picking to the better end happens before viewing already) and if I just tune myself into the right setting I can enjoy many many more movies immensely. You can't go watch new Indy movie expecting it to be another Raiders of the Lost Ark and why on earth would you not enjoy your Avatar as a beautiful but naive fairytale instead of nitpicking about how it missed this and is cliché there and the aliens are blue goddammit and not gray.

But yeah, you guys can be as picky as you want, I have just noticed when getting older that taking it easier and forgetting the nitpicking gives me much more joy in life. There are limits to "enjoying the ride" though, some pieces can be so horrible that there really isn't a ride to enjoy. But I never give up on a game within the first 15 minutes, anything deserves better than that really.

Anyway, I thought that BMIII was brilliant really. Together with Gray Matter I give them 9.5/10 score and I am only sad that they ended. If either one would get a sequel it would bounce up right on top my most expected game list. Right next to Dreamfall Chapters, Culpa Innata 2, GK and Tex Murphy sequels that we might or might not see.