View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #159
Pyke

TechnoSpike,

Thanks man. The fan sounds have been redone to line up with the fans actual spinning of them, and have become quite a bit more subtle.
The fans having power is part of one of the games puzzles, as a way to show that the ship still has various emergency generators running. Something I've noticed is that when you have these little 'things' happening, when you make them stop suddenly, its quite jarring. Having the background noise, and then suddenly complete silence is a very cool thing.

Ill adjust the blood for the next set of renders.

Lee, Donatelli, thanks guys.

2 New updates (well, 1 update, and 1 request for some help!).

http://www.stasisgame.com/cinematic-the-groomlake/

Ah, the slow spaceship reveal. Every epic Sci Fi needs one!
Here are some shots from the (unfinished) intro cinematic. Just thought you guys would like to get a look at the place nightmares are made real.
I was inspired by the miniatures from my favorite film, Aliens, aswell as the ship design of The Event Horizon – which I think its the coolest ship EVER.
Something I thought was pretty cool was the idea that the skin of the ship isn’t nessearily refined metal, but rather some sort of mined asteroid slate. It has the properties of metal sheets, but also has a slight ‘organic’ quality to it. Not really story specific, but just something that came about while modeling this bad boy.
Im trying to get that ‘filmed model’ feel to the ship, degrading the image a little…adding in some nice noise and grain, and grading it a sickly green instead of the ‘usual’ space blue.
Scale wise, its pretty difficult to tell without a point of reference. The final scene will have The Hawking, giving you a sense of the massive scale of the ship. The main ‘shaft’ of the ship holds everything, from crew quarters to medical labs. The ‘front’ of the ship is all operations and refinement and recycling. The mid dock (where the two Egyptian looking crest things are) is the docking bay, with everything behind that housing the engines. Percentage wise, the engines are probably about 30% of the ship.
Otheriwse, I just wanted to design something that looks cool…and I think it looks pretty.

http://www.stasisgame.com/brightness/

Hey guys,
Really quick request from me! Could you please click on the below chart, and let me know on which line the writing is *just* visible..so in effect, the next line to the right you wouldn’t be able to read anything.
This is to set a brightness benchmark for the average monitor, so I know how bright or dark to make the scenes.
Just leave a comment below with your result! Thanks!

-Chris