View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
millenia
She Wants Revenge

I wasn't this disappointed at all. I enjoyed the slower pace, looking around, subplots, jokes... I think this game had a bunch of brilliant jokes that made me gag and at the same time they didn't ruin the thriller feeling there.

I agree the ending could have been more 'epic' but by no means I was bored. Though I didn't really understand the scale/offering dish puzzle. I checked it from walkthru even instead of just skipping but didn't find it explained anywhere. I seriously don't understand how the hieroglyphic wall let's you know which 4 items to use. The other puzzles in the end were decent, the labyrinth was actually a good one.

All in all the middle chapters are the strongest ones, you really get sucked into the story, though there isn't anything wrong with the starting or ending chapters either. Personally I liked Darren/Adrian a lot in BMII already but here I pretty much loved him, don't know why people are whining about his behaviour. Why would I want to play a stuck up saint? (And brilliantly Adrian was afterall 'pure' even with his less than perfect attitude).

As said in above post, the subject for the possible sequel is hinted and I must say I would truly welcome some more Black Mirror considering the history. Even the first game with all its issues is atmospheric and better than average and the series just gets better from there. If they continue this way the 4th one would be 5 and a ½ stars?