View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #425
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
tsa, if you read this thread, you will find most of your questions answered - more or less.

For the question about the key to Dr. Styles lab: surely there is a safety-key. If something happens, a trustworthy person must be capable to open the door.
I read parts of the tread but didn't find my questions. I will read the rest too then . About the key: why didn't I think of that? I worked in labs for years but in adventure games the rules are different. I was never allowed to work alone in the lab for safety reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I'm wondering about the thing in the picture, was it some kind of a presence of Angela lurking over them or what? Although everything doesn't need an answer (often the opposite is better), I felt that this could've done with a little more elaboration. It was sort of "*gasp* Demon! Well, let's forget about it."
Yes, that was something else indeed. And what was this 'shape' that appeared in David's hypnosis session? I get the suspicion that the game we played and the story we saw is the result of at least three total rewrites or something, with parts of the old stories left in because it was too expensive to rip them out.

Quote:
I'm wondering if the next planned games will also deal with the unanswered questions in this game.

As for Tsa's questions, here too I suspect a lot of the questions were left unanswered on purpose. Still, on some of them my suggestions are: the assistant was just a random person, no one important; I don't see why Helena wouldn't be using drugs (or am I forgetting or missing something?); I think that some of the messages ("check the cars" at least) could've just been David's subconscious (but it's left open); the "lighting up" of the pictures could've just been a matter of the original machinery being so delicate that when there was Angela's flare, it sort of overflooded into all of the data (David then switched). But of course it could also be something else.

Just my thoughts, of course The rest are completely open to me too.
For a long time I suspected Mrs. Duncan to be the 'ghost,' because she could get in all the rooms and had access to everything.
I don't think Helena was on drugs. She seems far too smart for that. She may be a slut but she's not dumb. Maybe she has diabetes.
I thought David concluded that the 'flare' couldn't be caused by the machinery. I'm also not sure he switched. If he did, you should expect all the pictures of the last two experiments to be different from the pictures of the first two, not only the 'flare' ones, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's fun to speculate about these things!

Quote:
And if I didn't say it in this thread yet, brilliant game, definitely my favorite in quite a while, and one of my favorites in quite a longer while still.
It's way better than anything I've played since 2000. Even better than Dreamfall IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
The thing I liked best about Gray Matter was how emotional it was. I've played games with better graphics, better puzzles, and better story but don't think I could name more than a handful that were more emotionally involving than Gray Matter.
Exactly. Especially David was extremely well done. You could really feel with him and grieve with him about the loss of his wife.