View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
terhardp

Old-school BS fans, I'm totally with you. 3D is a big no-no for BS games, and IMO one of the reasons why the series lost a big portion of its charm after BS2.

As for the remastered versions, I agree with the concept. There are some "legendary" games, both in the genre and outside, that can greatly benefit from a facelift. But in most cases, this should be just that: a mere facelift. Nothing drastical, just ironing out the wrinkles, not changing the entire concept or the game mechanics. But, like it or not, eye-candiness is pretty important factor today. By thinking about that, I'm immediately thinking about the SE versions of the first two MI games. Since I didn't played those games in their heydey, I doubt I could force myself to play the game with such dated graphic these days, even though I admit this is rather shallow way of thinking. On the other hand, with remastered BS games, I was expecting to see their recognizable graphic that I like so much, but a bit polished out.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III