View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
laffer

Default Some classic adventure game MT-32 music (recorded from real MT-32)

Over the past week or so I've recorded a couple of tunes from various classic adventure games, using the Roland MT-32 I finally got around to finding the required cables for.

All of these videos start with the Adlib versions of the tunes, and then play the MT-32 versions... so that it's easy to compare them directly.

I'm suspecting a lot of people here are already very familiar with the MT-32 soundtracks for these games, but I figured maybe it could be helpful if for some reason you want to show what it sounds like to someone who might never have heard MT-32 sound before.

In any case, here are the links to the tunes I've recorded so far -

Legend of Kyrandia in-game music
Leisure Suit Larry 2 opening tune
Leisure Suit Larry 3 opening tune
Leisure Suit Larry 3 in-game music
Police Quest 2 ending tune
Secret of Monkey Island opening tune
Secret of Monkey Island 2 opening tune
Space Quest 3 opening tune
Space Quest 4 opening tune
Willy Beamish opening tune

And here are some more recordings not by me but doing exactly the same as mine (Adlib & MT-32), also recorded using a real MT-32 -

Colonel's Bequest opening music
Kings Quest 4 opening music
Police Quest 2 opening tune
Quest for Glory 2 opening music

Finally, here's a video I found interesting... apparently, some Sierra Amiga ports (horrible as they are) support the MT-32... on the Amiga, pretty cool
The music sounds too slow in this clip, as the Amiga is running in PAL mode instead of NTSC... so that's why the music is slower than it should be.
Still cool to have a look at, though -

MT-32 hooked up to and playing music on an Amiga computer

Last edited by laffer; 04-12-2011 at 10:24 AM.