View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Oscar
Senior Automaton

Default Easiest and toughest games you've played

What's the easiest and hardest game you have played?

Hardest for me would probably be a text adventure trying to find the right verb. Graphically, definitely Schizm which I gave up on at one of the first puzzles. Other games I finished but found very difficult when I played were Riven, Space Quest (random deaths and dead ends! ) and Sam & Max Hit The Road (I was very young playing all of them). Some of the Sherlock Holmes were very hard too. There was also an oldie called Countdown, where the whole game was you escaping from jail. Every section resulted in death if you didn't do exactly the right thing, plus there was a timer on the whole game!

The easiest for me is definitely Adam's Venture. You don't have to think at all! The only keys used are arrows, space to jump and enter to use. The objects you need to pick up are all sparkly. There's no inventory - when you want to interact with something you just press enter and the appropriate item is used. The character tells you what to do next. I really wonder how they can possibly dumb down adventure games any more! The recent Back To The Future is very easy too, but at least it has real puzzles

Last edited by Oscar; 04-09-2011 at 04:35 AM.