View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Of all the games I've ever played, I've found Gabriel Knight 3 to have the most replay value. Yes, it's partially because it's just so damned good, but it's especially because there's just so many nuances that you might've (and probably have) missed the first (or second, or third) time playing it. And it's not like these RPGs where you have different choices and get different scenes or different endings or something. It's the same story, but every time (well, unless you've scored max points which I doubt unless you used a guide (or are playing for the nth time)) you find something that explains things more, shows what happened it the background etc. And that to me is true replay value. Not the easy path A/path B thing but real details everywhere that makes even the same experience feel much more complete every time you replay.

(Edit): I don't really care about different endings, especially if they slide from good/best - bad/worst. For me the only real ending is the optimal (/good) one and I don't see a reason to play "badly" because I want to see what happens. I'm not sure if I've ever played any game more than once just to see different endings etc. Might as well just check Youtube (and that I have done).