View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #21
discoalucard

Bumping this thread, because the book is in the final proof stages, and should hopefully be out next month!

From the intro:
Hardcoregaming101.net Presents: The Guide to Classic Graphic Adventures is an ode to one of the oldest genres in electronic gaming. It is over 760 pages in length, covers nearly 300 games and includes a number of interviews with classic game developers. It is an expansive tome, jam packed to the brim with history, criticism, and trivia. If you've ever asked the question "If I like LucasArts and Sierra games, what other games should I play?", then this book should be your bible.

As of current planning, the book should be available by late April. The physical copy will cost $27 from Amazon (and qualifies for free super saver shipping), while an e-book for the Kindle will cost about $10. For right now, the physical copy is only technically available on the US Amazon site due to constraints with Createspace, the print-on-demand publisher I'm using, though copies tend to filter to international sites like Amazon UK over the course of a few weeks. The Amazon US site should ship overseas, though.

More details (including full, finalized table of contents):
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/book.html