View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #413
UPtimist
Life and times of...

I'm in chapter... 7? Anyways, somewhere in the last half and I have to say I'm enjoying it immensely. Sure beats the Dragon Age (1) I was playing (as well as Sam & Max S:2 and A Vampire Story) Really, despite some flaws which I don't find so bugging (so what if the animations aren't perfect? I really couldn't care less - the only things that I found slightly disturbing were the talky-heads and the radial menu in the 360 and I quickly got used to them both), the story and all that is just so good that I couldn't care less about little imperfections. I can't believe how that can be a problem considering how past-oriented the AG community usually is...

And it carries the whole GK puzzle style over, meaning that you don't just solve puzzles, you do all sorts of things like search for info and sort (and look through) filing cabinets etc. They aren't challenging puzzles (they aren't really puzzles at all), but makes you feel much more immersed than just a puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. In relation to the Telltale puzzles, well, this isn't like that at all. They're much more "realistic", though I understand that Telltales isn't always going for realism (but that's not what I meant either ). Of course, it's all a matter of what you're looking for in AGs. If you're looking for great stories and characters etc. it really doesn't matter if it's more towards the interactive movie alley, but if you're looking for many difficult puzzles then I suppose it isn't your game. Then again, neither are most of the GKs, considering they're also very much leaning towards interactivity instead of puzzles.

I don't see why everyone's complaining about voice acting, I thought it's really good. The only one so far I've found to be a bit unfitting is Styles, and even he's still got a good voice actor, if slightly unfitting for the part though.

Really, it's the best game I've played in a long time, and definitely the best AG in a long time.