View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #411
rtrooney
Codger

After all this time I finally saw a copy of GM in the local Target. Decided not to buy it and try the demo first. Getting the demo to run required DirectX runtime as the required DeDxp_43.dll was not found. Then I could play the demo. Not terribly impressed. The cut-scene/comic graphics are nice, but they are only marginally better than I have seen FloodLight produce for Jane's Oberon Women's Murder Mystery Club games. 3D modeling is really good. Too bad 3D modeling movement isn't up to par. Characters also occasionally block the very spot you must interact with. Thus requiring you find a way to "get them out of the way." Voice acting is above normal. Music is quite good. The girl that sings in the intro and some of the scenes is superb. Think she is related to someone involved in the project. I liked her voice.

After all the harping and carping, I'm not sure I want to buy the game. Granted, it's only a demo. But if it is representative of the game's total style, it leaves me cold.

I'm sure it relates to the "wait". After waiting sooooo long for a game that supposedly had so much promise, I don't think that promise has been fulfilled.

A long time ago I found Amber in a bargain bin for 5.99. One of the best games I ever bought. GM may, too, be one of the best games I ever bought, but I think I will wait for it to hit a bargain bin somewhere.

Last edited by rtrooney; 03-23-2011 at 04:35 PM.