View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #11
terhardp

Generally, I prefer 3rd person perspective when it comes to games, though the 1st person also has its benefits, like some of you said. Personally, I love the feeling of "pulling the strings from the shadows", and also like to see the main character of the game, especially if it's an attractive female character.

My preference is probably also because the inertion. Almost all of the games outside the genre that I like (Hitman, Max Payne, Tomb Raider, for instance) uses 3rd person view, so I like this view better in adventures as well. I also feel that the navigation is often less cumbersome in 3rd person view, though this is probably the personal preference. While I admit that 1st person is somewhat more immersive and brings up the overall tension, it can also be more tiresome for some players. 1st person makes me dizzy in some games. For instance, in "Portal", which I'm playing currently (otherwise, this is an interesting title, though a bit overhyped, IMO).
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III