View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #19
colpet
Easily amused

I play both adventures and casual games - mostly Interactive HOGs.
In terms of gameplay, what would you say would push the genre forward without leaving its initial base? More exploration, 3D movement, challenging puzzles (not timed)

What don't you like about HOG's currently, and wish to be changed?
They are too easy. I'd love the puzzle parts to be more challenging.
What is your favorite part of an HOG (assuming you are thinking of a good game)? I love that it can fill in a few minutes of time. No commitment to story, no trying to figure out where you left off, just jump in and play. No big story to follow, nor reams of inventory to keep track of.

Assuming you were to actually like an HOG, what would have really stood out to you? The more places to explore, the better. I also like innovative puzzles where you have to figure out the rules (eg. Return to Ravenhurst).

What are your feelings on the 360 degree panoramic HOG game released a year an a half ago called 'Mystery in London'? Didn't play it, but I have played Fall Trilogy which incorporated panning areas. I quite liked the freedom it provided.

If there was one game that an HOG element could work well with, what would it be? I personally see HOGs and IHOGs blurring the line between adventure/puzzle games - games like 7th Guest and Safecracker.