View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #402
millenia
She Wants Revenge

In the old days it was rather normal to a man to marry the younger sister of a deceased spouse. Not saying your necessarily that old but the times have changed a lot. There are a lot of couples that never marry. If you go back a few decades I bet the pressure to get a companion and get married is a lot higher so I'd imagine you would find another spouse faster. Not so sure all those people always "get over" the old one so fast. These days the idea of "consolation price" is frowned upon. There is also a matter of location. Even these days there are arranged marriages etc. all over the place.

And just because not all people mourn their spouses for 3 years I don't really understand why Dr. Styles couldn't. Should game characters be some kind of average of real life? Styles is obviously a lot more romantic than your Average Joe and guilt ridden. Did many of your acquaintances lose their spouses young in a tragic accident?