View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
Giles Habibula

Dislike currently:
1. Many HOGs use unattractive pictures with the hidden objects placed scattershot. The pictures have too many objects in them, resulting in areas that look like I'm visiting the home of a hoarder. Really unpleasant to look at.

2. Games that don't have a "relaxed play" option. I really, really hate any game that has a timer. If you have to have a timer, make it optional. Or at least don't force the game to end when the timer runs out. A timer would be fine, if I can use it as a way of simply measuring my personal best, and then trying to beat it.

3. Most HOGs use low-res images for better compatibility with low-end computers, and thus look terrible. I'd love to play one that can take advantage of my 1920 x 1200 screen.

1. I like the ones that break up the object seeking with clever puzzles in between.

2. Relaxing, ambient sounds. Or if it's a scary game, non-relaxing ambient sounds. And use long sample loops, so that they don't repeat so often. Better yet, have multiple ambient soundtracks that change randomly with each play. Variety!

Last edited by Giles Habibula; 03-12-2011 at 09:30 PM.