View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #379
Len Green

Certainly no point in arguing. I experienced the glitches I mention - you fortunately didn't... Period!
Quote:
Well, the hotspots blink because there's not enough screen realstate, sometimes, to display them all at the same time, that's a design choice, not a bug.
I didn't say it was a bug – I definitely agree with you… it is a design fault and a rather nasty one IMHO since it causes a lot of annoyance and frustration!
I have played hundreds of Adventure games and never come across a pretty bad fault of this nature before!

Quote:
Dead ends!! Really? The game puts you on such rails, to a fault, that is actually impossible to be at a dead end. That is truly confounding.
Don't rely upon me. Please browse this and other forums and count the number of times assorted players have written that they had to replay the game from a previous point. And the game is only now being played by the general gamer folk in USA.
If you are forced to return to a previous save since it's impossible to work your way ahead without doing so, this is a typical dead end by definition.
Seems that I was not alone in this. N.B. Suppose your previous save is a long way back – this involves possibly hours of repeated playing – IMO, one of the nastiest of bugs since it is not as obvious as crashes, freezes etc.,
Quote:
What do you mean by, "mark time on a spot"? I really don't get it?
Anybody who has ever been a soldier or even observed them knows what it means to "march time".
As I sail – a fairly insignificant animation buglet!
And about the crashes...

Quote:
Most often is due to your Windoze install/config
Certainly not impossible. But I've played several recent games, released both shortly before and shortly after Grey Matter without one single crash.

All the above are negative aspects that I experienced whilst playing the game.
It seems that at least some others have endured at least some.
I would like to stress that ALL of these apply only to the technical side of the game and not to Jane Jensen's story, characters, texts, voice acting, etc.
I guess these faults are due to the exceedingly troubled history of developing the game coupled with lack of budget etc.