View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #378
marvio
Old timer - Adv. Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Green View Post
I can only speak from my own gameplay experience.
~~~~ On 2 occasions, Sam decided to mark time on the spot. Trivial I agree.
~~~~ On 2 different occasions the game crashed out to my desktop.
~~~~ On a very great number of occasions, 2 hotspots alternated (like warning lights on a car) and on many occasions I was taken to the wrong location. This is a tangible technical fault which happened many times and is a fairly serious glitch in any game.
~~~~ I'm almost sure that I fell into at least one dead end and maybe more than one. I can't prove this without beta testing the whole game - and I'm not prepared to do that. However, not only me but a number of platyers on different forums have reported that they were forced to return to a previous save since it was impossible to proceed otherwise.
This is one of the worst bugs since your previous save might be 'hours' back.
~~~~ There might have been other glitches but this was more than enough.

You were fortunate in having a completely trouble free gameplay from beginning to end.
Well, the hotspots blink because there's not enough screen realstate, sometimes, to display them all at the same time, that's a design choice, not a bug.

Dead ends!! Really? The game puts you on such rails, to a fault, that is actually impossible to be at a dead end. That is truly confounding.

What do you mean by, "mark time on a spot"? I really don't get it?

And about the crashes...

Most often is due to your Windoze install/config... I installed this game in four different computers, including a laptop, and it never crashed once... But then again I keep my computers to a minimal of installed apps, specially crap that runs on background, and drivers always up to date; Sounds more like you need to do some house keeping, actually that's true for 99% of the population out there, for crying out loud people, keep your machines clean!! (rant of an IT consultant)

Don't get me wrong dude, I'm not trying to be argumentative, and I didn't really specially loved the game, but glitches? Nahh...

Edit: After re-reading my post I realized I may have sounded like I was an ass... Sorry for that...

Although all the points are valid, most of it is out of frustration, because I'm an IT consultant, so I see people, day in/day out, commenting on how much their computer/windows sucks because it crashes, blah blah blah...
When most times it comes down to either a horrendous ammount of crap software they have installed, incorrect config, or the actual software being crap.

One huge issue, specially with gaming is 64 bit, and I realize you can't even buy a computer anymore without a 64bit version of Windows, but you can actually call up MS and they will send you a 32 bit version of whatever you have, free of charge!!
Don't drink the cool-aid 64 bit doesn't really give you anything more then being able to use more then 4 gigs of RAM and more then 4Tb of storage, and I say "you" as in the average user, there are applications that only 64 bit will do correctly, but they really are far and few in between, mostly scientific apps, and 3D rendering apps, other then that you're better off with 32 bit, always! Or at least for the next 2 years or so... Notice that most of your games installs under "program files (x86)"? That's because the code is 32 bit, natively, and windows now has to do a type of emulation, not really but it's the easiest way to put it, to run it, and the few games which are actually 64bit will always come with a 32bit executable as well, because developers will have to consider windows XP for a while still, and though it had its own 64bit version, not only it sucked hard, but the install base is minimal.

So, there, a long winded explanation to my post...

Last edited by marvio; 03-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.